British Colonies & American Revolution
Oct. 6 -NHD - Topic and ROUGH draft of thesis
Oct. 9 - Quiz Colonies & Causes of Revolution
Oct. 23 - Community Service Hours Log & Reflection Q1
Oct. 24 - Test 1st Quarter Final
Oct. 26 - NHD Secondary Sources research due
Colonies Web Resources:
This is my collection of sites for the Colonial Period. If you find one I should add, please share it with me!
1. Why did so many Jamestown colonists die?
2. Why were British colonies established along the eastern seaboard and how did they develop?
3. When is it necessary for citizens to rebel against their government?
4. What principles of government are expressed in the Declaration of Independence?
5. How was the Continental army able to win the war for independence from Great Britain?
HSS Standard: 8.1
Students understand the major events preceding the founding of the nation and relate their significance to the development of American constitutional democracy
American Revolution Web Resources: