HOLT: Medieval to Early Modern Times.
RISE Theme & California Framework Inquiry Questions
Religions and Philosophies:
- How did major RELIGIONS (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Sikhism) and cultural systems (Confucianism, the Scientific Revolution, and the Enlightenment) develop and change over time?
- How did they spread to multiple cultures?
- How did the distant regions of the world become more INTERCONNECTED through medieval and early modern times?
- What were the multiple ways people of different cultures INTERACTED at sites of encounter? What were the effects of their interactions?
- Why did many STATES and empires gain more power over people and territories over the course of medieval and early modern times
- How did the ENVIRONMENT and technological innovations affect the expansion of agriculture, cities, and human population?
- What impact did human expansion have on the ENVIRONMENT?