Honors students are required to create a project
*All chemawa students can create and enter a project
2019-2020 History Day Competition
- Chemawa Middle School Competition: December 2, 2019
- Student Registration Forms for RUSD Due: TBD
- RUSD Website, Historical Paper, & Documentary Entries Due: TBD
- RUSD Contest: February 1, 2020 Earhart Middle School, Riverside
- Riverside County Contest: March 14, 2020 Valley View High School, Moreno Valley
- State Contest: May 8-10 2020 William Jessup University in Rocklin, (SACRAMENTO)CA
- National Contest: June 14-18 2020 at University of Maryland, College Park. (WASHINGTON, DC)
Please visit the NHD website for more information about this exciting opportunity to learn, create, compete, and travel.
The theme for 2019-2020 is Breaking Barriers in History.
Help finding a NHD Topic:
Whether you are a student who likes researching and writing, a dramatic student who enjoys performing, a tech savvy student who likes to build websites, a film fanatic, or a visual student with an eye for details, there is a project option that will give you the chance to showcase your passions and talents. Students may select a topic that fits the theme and choose to create a
2018 RUSD and RIVERSIDE COUNTY CONTESTS - Go Cougars!!
Photos of 2017 History Day Competition: Five teams of Chemawa students competed at the district competition for RUSD in January, and three teams represented Chemawa at the Riverside County Competition in March. CONGRATULATIONS!!